6.30-8pm, Caring in Bristol, Little Bishop Street
Jonnie Angel (Wild Goose Drop-In Centre Manager, Crisis Centre Ministries),
Judith Gardner (Spring of Hope),
Lindsey Jones (Caring in Bristol, Bristol Methodist Centre),
Steve Jones (Bristol Soup Run Trust),
Gillian Nowland (One25).
meeting: accuracy, matters arising
- Any news on the reported pending legislation to prevent people
sleeping rough in Bristol?
Caring at Christmas
- How this year went, impact of opening an additiional night
- Thoughts about next year
Sleep-Out and Homelessness Awareness Week
- Friday 26 February 2016
- Sign-ups to date
- Please point interested groups to the new web site (bristolhf.org.uk)
- Confirming the practical arrangements
- Other publicity
- Homelessness Awareness Week activities
- Anything else?
Emergency Winter Accomodation
- Following the initial proposal there was a meeting with the
Council and others, with plans to create emergency overnight
accommodation for the coldest months.
- Progress report?
Access to mental health services
- Paul Sargent from St Mungos has offered to come – or send
someone – to talk to us about how to help people access the
mental health services they require. No confirmation about this as yet
- Any progress on training from ASIST?
Involving the workers
- How do we encourage participation and partnership from people
employed to work in this field?
- Survival Handbook update - when is the next edition due?
- Toilet facilities for homeless people
Items for next agenda
Any other business
- 10 March 2016, 6.30 pm
- 12 May 2016, 6.30 pm